The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DigitalAngel

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi. :)

I stumbled on this message board googling for info on Betta Fish and Floating Plants, and I've found it very helpful and informative. I've had Betta fish before, but I've always had simple setups of one male fish, some marbles and a 1 gallon "tank".

I'm ready to invest in a more... elaborate setup for the new Betta I am planning to purchase, so I thought I'd pop in, say hi and read around. If anyone has any advice feel free to share. I'll probably refrain from asking anything unless I can't find the answers myself in previous threads.

The perfect tank to keep a single betta in IMO is a 5 gallon. Much bigger and the Betta tends to keep to one section as his territory.

But another way to go is to get a 10 gallon tank and a divider. Fill it with plants and keep 2 bettas. Every so often the bettas will come across each other and give a nice little display before moving on.

Otherwise why not try a 10 gallon (or bigger) with a Betta as a centre piece fish with lots of plants and some nice small bottom feeders (cory catfish, khulie loaches) and then a nice smaller school of harliquin rasboras or white cloud minnows.

I guess it will really depend ont he size of the tank you are willing to keep. But with a Betta there are so many possiblities. But 5 gallon tank or bigger is always a good idea. They are so much better to watch swimming in a large territory.

Back
Top Bottom