*NEWBIE ALERT* 55 Gallon Start Up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Louisianafishguy

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys how is everyone doing? I was going to start up a SW tank but changed plans after doing a lot of research and reading on both. Looks like the freshwater has much more to offer towards what I am looking for from this experience.

I have a tank already setup with filter, water, heater, rocks, decorations, and bubble wands(2 - 15" bubble wands and a bubbling volcano decor). I will post pics later today of the setup when I get home. The tank is full of water and all the water has been conditioned. I will be starting the fishless cycle tomorrow. I have the API Freshwater test kit and some ammonia(yes it is only ammonia and water - no detergents or anything like that). Any ideas or tips would be greatly appreciated :fish2:

I will keep a journal of my "stats" and report them on here as I get them. Thanks to all the guys that have helped me out already on the SW side of the house and I really look forward to getting to know and become on of the knowledgeable "freshies" this site has to offer.

Glad you got your tank up bud!! I know your stock list. I think your should post it. I personally have never keep any of the fish you have chosen. But I'm sure a few people have and they are going to be the ones to advise you best.

IMO I think you should paint the back black :cool: or get to planting! :brows::lol:

Good idea on the stock list bud so here it is:
5 - Redbreast Acara
5 - Gymno's
2 - Blue Acara
6 - Emperor Tetra
2 - Albino Bristlenose Plecos

Good idea on the stock list bud so here it is:
5 - Redbreast Acara
5 - Gymno's
2 - Blue Acara
6 - Emperor Tetra
2 - Albino Bristlenose Plecos

If I may ask...whats made you pick these fish? Just curious asy I've never heard of them beforel (besides the plecos and tetras)

I was away from the house all day starting at noonish. The fed ex guy didn't show until 5:22 so I missed the delivery and they did not leave the package bummer :(

This will be the first package I will have had to "sign for" ever. Fed ex even left my Alienware computer on my doorstep. ($2000 value) but wouldn't leave my $50 tank order???? Also there was no "we missed you" sticker on the door. I will be calling fed ex tomorrow to raise the BS flag.

UPDATE* I spoke with fed ex and turns out the driver definitely did not even come to the house to deliver my order because the order DID NOT require a signature. However Fed Ex made it right by requiring that their local office be open all day tomorrow (MLK Day) so I can come by and get my package. They are also refunding my money that I paid for upgraded shipping and gave me a code for free overnight shipping.

Yea I get lucky sometimes. I will be picking up the package around 4cst tomorrow so when I get home from that I will be posting the original test numbers.

How big is your tank?

How big is your tank? From what I can tell I think it's a 55 gallon... Also I like your stock idea! Very cool fish! Also will it be planted?:)

Back
Top Bottom