Newbie here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KJG86

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well I posted on the intro board that I currently have a 10 gallon tank with a filter and heater. I've got it stocked with:

1 peppered Cory
1 bronze Cory
5 neon tetras
1 glow tetra : he was an accidental tag along
1 ghost shrimp: tag along also

Plan is to get :
1 more neon tetra
5 glow tetras
3 more of each of the Corys
Maybe a few more ghost shrimp

I know that's WAY too much for a 10 gallon so I went out and bought a 29 gallon! I got it all set up and am working on cycling in! Once I get my current fish switched over, I'm going to use my 10 gallon tank for a betta.

My questions are:

If I stock my 29 gallon like I listed am I able to put any other fish in and if so what would any of you recommend.?

Am I able to put my betta in the current water from my 10 gallon or not? Maybe do a partial water change first?

On last question! Below is a pic of my new tank...I have two bubble stone strips running. Is that too much in a 29 gallon tank?

Attachments

• image-4253655872.jpg
    image-4253655872.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 74
The bubbles looks fine for a 29 gallon.

I think if you were to put the betta in now it would be just fine...IMO.

You can add about 6 more fish in that tank. I had 20 in a 29 gallon

This is my tank below

Attachments

• image-102431896.jpg
    image-102431896.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 67
Luis that looks great! I think that once I get rolling i really want to try plants and more real looking decor but for right now I'm keeping it simple.

The bubbles looks fine for a 29 gallon.

I think if you were to put the betta in now it would be just fine...IMO.

You can add about 6 more fish in that tank. I had 20 in a 29 gallon

This is my tank below

Nice tank, and do you have 2-3 rainbow or red tail sharks in there? Hard to tell from the pic..but you could maybe add a centerpeice fish after your stocking you listed. You'd want some peaceful so maybe a gourami or maybe an angelfish? (They can be aggressive sometimes) but other than that you're pretty well stocked.

pockX

A few of my tetras seem to be nippers. After I get the right amount of fish so they can schoal (is that the right term?) I am still able to get a larger fish as the centerpiece fish? I don't know much about the ones you mentioned. I will have to do some research thanks!

Wouldn't add to many more fish, 15-20, would be they it probably, only small fish though.

Nice tank, and do you have 2-3 rainbow or red tail sharks in there? Hard to tell from the pic..but you could maybe add a centerpeice fish after your stocking you listed. You'd want some peaceful so maybe a gourami or maybe an angelfish? (They can be aggressive sometimes) but other than that you're pretty well stocked.

Will the angelfish eat my tetras?

In a 29 gallon you could add a centerpiece fish, add a few more to each of the schools you have, or add another small school of small (nano) fish.
Nano fish are:
ember tetras
chili rasborsas
celestial pearl danios
and some others.

Okay so this is what I have so far in my 29 gallon:

5 ghost shrimp
8 glofish
8 neon tetras
1 dwarf flame gourami

All is good so far. I'm doing 20% water changes daily. I've been using test strips to check my water but tomorrow I'm buying one of the API kits because the test strips are crap! I moved the betta to the 10 gallon where he is living with 5 Cory's. 4 bronze and 1 peppered. Any problems and they are moving to the 29g tank. I'm using a dechlorinator in the water im changing and I've been adding a little bit if salt to the big tank since there are no corys in it. Any other advice or ideas on what else to add to the tank? I just love this site so far! Everyone is so helpful!

Further down the line you could add a pair of rams, but ideally you want your tank to be 4-6 months mature.

Back
Top Bottom