newbie needs help.nice1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

simonoreilly

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all.relatively new to all this.just stumbeled onto this site and seems very helpfull.i am hopeing someone could answer this question.i have a 25g frshwater tropical tank with artficial plants.
currently resideing there are:
4 swordtails
2 angle fish
4 neon tetras
1 red tailed black shark
1 black knife ghost fish
1 siamiese fighting fish
2 regular plecos
1 zebra pleco
just wondering can i add anymore to this?what would be a good idea to add?should i put in real plants in? And any tips would be greatly apreciated.cheers

Whoa - your red tailed shark will get to 5 inches, your angelfish can get to 6 inches each, your black ghost knife will reach 18 inches, and your common plecos can reach over 2 feet!!
These fish are not appropriate for a 25 gal tank. You'll need to return them to the LFS.

That is definately a lot for that size tank. As a general rule it seems that 1 inch of fish per gallon WHEN THEY ARE FULL GROWN is the limit.

And as for planted vs. artificial I prefer planted. They just look better, imho. It takes more work and you may have some added expense for lighting (the lights that come with the tanks are not nearly adequate for most plants) and getting set up, but when it comes together you just can't beat it for looks.

(y)

Back
Top Bottom