Newbie Questions!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xoTyanna

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi! This is my first post as well is my first time keeping fish (the RIGHT way).

My friend needed to get rid of her 4 male guppies due to WAAAY to many babies and she did not want to have any more. I set up a 3 gal tank with the heater, bubbler, and filter with the gravel and a few fake plants for them to hide.

Unfortunately, I put my fish in the tank in tap water before conditioning it. I am new and absolutely feel bad about this. I ran out as quick as I found out I needed to do this and few hours later conditioned the tank. Will they be okay?

I am also worrying the males will be stressed/sad/bullies because they are all males and have been taken away from their females. (I don't want to get any females because I am not ready for babies.)

I really want to feed my fish veggies and live food. I don't know where to purchase the live food or how to go about feeding them veggies.

Help! :thanks::fish2:

About the water conditioner, it's pretty much a wait and see. Are they laying on their sides or acting differently? If not, that's a good sign, and the longer they act normal, the better. If none are dead in about a day, I think you'll be fine.

About the water conditioner, it's pretty much a wait and see. Are they laying on their sides or acting differently? If not, that's a good sign, and the longer they act normal, the better. If none are dead in about a day, I think you'll be fine.

They all seem fine and it's been a few days, so I hope nothing changes!

They all seem fine and it's been a few days, so I hope nothing changes!

That's good :D you can feed your fish frozen foods if you like. Don't really know that much about guppies honestly, but frozen foods are very nutritious.

That's good :D you can feed your fish frozen foods if you like. Don't really know that much about guppies honestly, but frozen foods are very nutritious.

I tried peas and carrots but they didn't seem too interested but I think after a few attempts they'll understand its food!

Right? Lol!

I've tried keeping guppies before I knew how to properly maintain aquariums... Let's say it didn't turn out to well ?maybe you can start them eating with flake than graduate to other foods?

I've tried keeping guppies before I knew how to properly maintain aquariums... Let's say it didn't turn out to well ?maybe you can start them eating with flake than graduate to other foods?

Yes I've been doing flakes and I think I'll wait a week and then try peas again.

Back
Top Bottom