Nitrite 0ppm...FINALLY! Yippee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

@rtemis

Aquarium Advice Regular
Over the last three days I noticed a slight change on my nitrites. I didn't want to proclaim EUREKA until I was definetely sure the nitrites were coming down. This morning I checked and it was 0ppm. At first I wasn't sure I used the right drops(only had one cup of coffee) so, I decided to recheck. It was still 0ppm after the second test.

I know I should wait a couple of days to make sure there' isn't a spike in NO2's. I will continue to add ammonia until the fish arrive. When do I do big WC...today?

I haven't told my daughter the good news yet. I did tell her last night there's a slight chance we might be buying fish this weekend. She has been the patient one...not Daddy ;)!

Thanks to all the folks that have helped me keep my cool during this long process. If you want to see my progress go here: Google Docs - Aquarium Cycling Revised

@rt

Oops my bad...

I added ammonia after the tests this morning....I fixed the report.

It should read:

NH=0
NO2=0
NO3=40

I added ammonia last night up to 1ppm and by this morning it was 0ppm.

I'd wait to do the large water change until within 24hrs before adding the fish, preferably right before adding them.

Yup, continue to dose daily until the day before you get fish (if you're going tomorrow, you're done).

Big PWC the night before fish.

With that kind of bioload, you can stock up pretty well, 2ppm converting out a day is pretty hefty. Should be able to tolerate a good amount of fish

Thanks guys! Yah we are on our way chipchop. Now we are tweaking a bit to make it look good.

Back
Top Bottom