Nitrite question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishfinder1973

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I know there’s probably not a standard answer to this,but I will ask anyway.

I’m just over 4wks into my fishless cycle and my nitrite is somewhere between 2 and 5ppm,but probably closer to 5.ammonia levels are between 0 and 0.25ppm,but I suspect they could be 0 since it’s hard to tell.nitrates are between 20 and 40ppm.pH is 7.2

i haven’t done a water change for nigh on 2 weeks,should I do a Part water change or just leave things be?i have plants and they are really growing fast,at least an inch a day.

Should I leave things be and hope the nitrites fall naturally or are my plants having some sort of effect and maybe I should do a partial water change.

I’ve come so far and don’t want to mess up the cycle.

If your nitrite is within a readable range i wouldnt do a water change. If your nitrates are rising you are nearing the end.

If your nitrite is within a readable range i wouldnt do a water change. If your nitrates are rising you are nearing the end.

Thanks for the quick reply Aiken Drum.
The nitritate has been between 20 and 40ppm for just over a week and don’t seem to be rising any more.

I will keep doing what I’m doing and hopefully notice a drop in the nitrite at some point in the near future.

Thanks again

Ian

Back
Top Bottom