No Quaratine tanm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hubert90

Aquarium Advice Addict
Im planning on buying either ottos or shrimp to add to my 10 gallons which is a heavily planted betta tank! It used to be a QT tank but it was sitting there for months and I couldn't bare an empty tank. So now i don't know what to do if I do decide to buy ottos. And I don't think I can afford buying another qt tank. I spend over $1000 setting up my quarantine tank. So I'm on a tight budget ATM. Thanks

But what about cycling for the QT tank? Do you have to set it up 2 months ahead to make sure the water is right first? I have always wondered this.

I keep an AC20 running on my 36 gallon for the sole purpose of having a seeded filter ready to go. You can do the same thing by having an extra sponge in your main filter.

+1 to rich311k on both posts!

I use a semi opaque 5g tub (5.99 at Target), have a spare heater and an extra filter on a couple tanks (never can have too much filtration) and when I need a QT, I can have it setup in 10 minutes time. I use 2g or so of seasoned tank water, top with cured tap water, plug it all in and it's instantly cycled.

Mr. Limpet said:
+1 to rich311k on both posts!

I use a semi opaque 5g tub (5.99 at Target), have a spare heater and an extra filter on a couple tanks (never can have too much filtration) and when I need a QT, I can have it setup in 10 minutes time. I use 2g or so of seasoned tank water, top with cured tap water, plug it all in and it's instantly cycled.

Alright i think I'm gonna buy a sponge filter since I have a spare air tube. Will tag be sufficient once cycled?

Mr. Limpet said:
Should be depending on the size tub you get.

O ok I'll probably get something small.. I don't want my parents finding out I spent more money on this hobby. To them fish are just fish no feels and theres no need for me to do what I currently am doin.. Haha i always had to lie about how much everything cost.

Back
Top Bottom