-- No-Scratch Black/Dark Substrate Options? ---

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Troll

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hello,

setting up new acrylic aquarium.

looking for a black substrate that will not scratch, mark any acrylic. Can be real, plastic, or alternative to look like aquarium soil/gravel/rock etc.

Have you tried calling the store where you bought the tank to ask for suggestions on types of acceptable substrate?

they didnt have a recomendation for any substrate real or artificial that wouldnt scratch.

I owned two acrylic takes about 30-years ago and never considered scratching caused by the substrate. �� Does your tank have a brand name/manufacturer?

Troll, is this a planted tank? I looked around a bit and couldn't find a retail substrate that brags about not causing scratches. You might consider contacting a manufacturer that can produce a fortified, smoothed run just for you. From what I saw Seachem Flourite looks good if you want to roll store bought.

I have 18 acrylic tanks and never worried about the substrate. Just have to be a bit careful when cleaning the acrylic but if you do the scratches are easy to buff out. Use Novus polish.

Back
Top Bottom