No2 issue...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here I thought you helped me out with my dilemma, I'd give your thread a read and see if I could be of any help. After reading all the posts, I'm equally as stumped! At this point the only help I could provide you would be with the last thread "hair pulling" ;-) LOL!

well, i just spent 3 hours making slides from my filter, water at various depths plants algae u name it. so tomarrow into the microscope and see if anything looks bad. but Mlani, if nothing pans out, i will be very open to hair pulling tactics!:banghead:

Lol! Hopefully it doesn't get to that. Positive thinking, tomorrow you will have your answers :)

Just curious here but does your gf have access to more sophisticated tests for your water (different mineral levels, silicates, phosphates, etc)? Maybe theres something at your water level thats hindering your cycle (excess or lack of) that is not generally checked for in freshwater tanks. Just a thought!

Jlk, that is fantastic advice. id assumed because of my tap PH lvl that i would be over stocked in minerals and whatnot. my PH is something around 8.4-8.9. i live within about 1/4 mile of the water recycling plant. so lvls vary.
I dont know, but i will ask my Ex.
either way, im sure i can make something. the science dept. has a metric ton of chemicals, and those cats owe me a favor!
thx!

jeta: ive added every type of "bug" i can find. even done 50% wc with LFS water, and used swapped out my filter with thiers.

The idea behind adding more biomedia is that you may not have enough surface area for the bacteria to colonize on. Since the nitrite => nitrate converting bacteria typically come a few weeks after the ammonia => nitrite bacteria, they may not have enough of an area to colonize to keep a foothold and process waste efficiently. Just an idea, though.

Jeta, the tanks are 3 months old, and have cycled once already. Plus my tank has lava rock as well as 4 inchs of substrate and various plants and a 3'' x 4'' filter and bio wheel. I dont see how i would be short of collective BB area. But good suggestion nonetheless.

Back
Top Bottom