Noise Worry for 55 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Langemc

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently graduated college and moved into my parents basement. I currently have my 55 gallon hex set up in the basement near a TV. The TV isnt watched regularly. However on game days i worry about the noise affecting the fish. How big of an effect will the noise have on the fish if the TV gets watched once a week on average?

In your opinion will the fish be okay in this location for a while?

Noise

I am just worried if the noise will cause stress for the fish, anyone have an answer for this? All help appreciated. Thanks

my 50gal is in the lounge, with the tv closeby. my partner often plays loud shooting games on the xbox, and we watch movies at a decent volume too. the fish don't seem to react to the noise, or behave any differently when the tv's on.

i have seen fish in clubs and pubs, where they play VERY loud music 12 hours a day. i always feel sorry for the fish in that sort of environment, but from what i've seen, they actually don't seem to be stressed.

I don't think the fish are stressed by noise like that. Mine are near tv and stereo. They also get cats jumping on the hood which can't be quiet in the tank.

My fish sometimes react to a bump of the stand or tank. Interestingly, they react less if they see me do it. At least the more "intelligent" ones, like the cichlids.

Several tanks are in the same room with the subwoofer. No reaction when it is thumping. Well, as much as it is gonna thump with a 50 year old listening. lol

Rivers and lakes are full of sound and vibrations, so long as the dog is not howling or your ears bleeding, the fish will likely be fine.

Back
Top Bottom