Not sure what's going on

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

logansmomma1228

Aquarium Advice Addict
I notcied a fuzzy white type of residue on the vase in my tank last night. I was thinking maybe it is the fish food I put in my tank rotting, but it doesn't look the same as the other pieces that are rotting in there. Is this healthy? This is the best picture i could get :/.

Also I noticed the color is rubbing off of my gravel, should I replace it with better gravel? I am contemplating a different substrate altogether. I have the cheap gravel from walmart.

Attachments

• DSCF8958.jpg
    DSCF8958.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 51
It is really hard to tell from that picture what it might be. What size tank is this? What do you have in it? Possible it is snail eggs?

Sorry, I tried to get a better picture but it didn't work :(

I have a 10G tank, and the only thing I have in it right now is gravel, fake plants, the vase and one more decoration. It is still cycling, but the vase came from an established tank so I wonder if it is from that. I put fish food in there also and I can see it dissolving in other places but this doesn't look the same. It is cottony looking. I am going to try and enlarge it and re post it so it is easier to see.

This isn't extremely common, but we've seen it. AKAIK, noone has been able to identify it. It happens during cycling sometimes, can easily be removed, and never seems to come back once the cycling completes.

Sorry I can't be more specific. Only 1 of the many tanks I've fishless cycled ever did this - but like I said, after the cycle it won't come back.

Not sure if this is going to be any better, but I tried.

Attachments

• DSCF8958.jpg
    DSCF8958.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 50
Thanks! Glad to hear it's nothing to worry about. For a minute I thought I was going to have start over ugh!

So AKAIK would be a type of algae right? The "fuzz" appears to be turning into it. It is turning green! It's only on my vase; I don't see it anywhere else in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom