Nova Extreme T5 issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fresh808

Aquarium Advice Activist
Aloha,
I just picked up a new in box 48" dual lamp NOVA Extreme fixture. It works great and everything was packed in their orig bags and sealed, BUT:
One of the legs doesn't extendfar enough to fit it on the 75 gal aquarium unless I slide the splash shield pull handle over about 1/4".
I was about to dremel some plastic off to make it fit, but thought I should ask if anyone here has encountered this before and if there's an easy fix before I start modifying things permanently.
Aloha,
Scott

??

Anyone have any ideas. I suppose I could call NOVA for answers.
Input still welcome...
Scott

48.5" is too much

Appearantly when they advertise the fixture at 48", they mean 48"...No more. Nice fixture, but I have to dremel some plastic from one leg since the outer edges of the 75 gal measure about 48.5 or so...inches.
Guess I could see if they have the contraption that attaches in the back and suspends the light over the aquarium, but that means more $$$.
DREMEL!:zook:
Aloha,
Scott

I had the same issue with my cheapo odysea lights. I got a glass hood and just sit the fixture on top now. Mine didnt even come with the legs. :-(

Good luck wish i was more creative with a dremel lol

That's how Current USA seems to work. A lot of people buy their 18" fixture, expecting it to fit a 20" 10g tank. No go. It fits about 19", that's it. You mentioned a hanging kit, they do sell one, BTW.

Back
Top Bottom