Odd Fish Behavior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alexjdavis19

Aquarium Advice Regular
Is this fish behavior weird at all? I have five neon tetras in my tank and three of them swim in the middle of the tank and often dart at each other. I can't tell if they're just playing or if it's malicious. My other two fish swim in the back corner of the tank and don't really move at all unless I feed them.

Is this fish behavior weird at all? I have five neon tetras in my tank and three of them swim in the middle of the tank and often dart at each other. I can't tell if they're just playing or if it's malicious. My other two fish swim in the back corner of the tank and don't really move at all unless I feed them.

The fish in the middle are normal don't worry about it, the fish in the corner are not.

What are the tank parameters?

The fish have only been in there for about 2 weeks now. I have a whisper filter (smallest one, I can't remember the name) and the water sits between 79 and 81 degrees. I haven't done a water change yet or anything as the tank is so new.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Your fish are probably stressed. Is your tank Cycled? If not and you have not done a water change then I would do one asap. It's recommended to do 1 water change per week. Ammonia could be building up in the tank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

All parameters seem to be normal, however nitrite was a bit high (about 2ppm). Doing a water change now. Thanks for the help guys!

Thank you guys so much! All 5 of my fish are out and about now and are actually schooling! They seem much happier with fresh water

Back
Top Bottom