One aggressive tiger barb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Beanbemine

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I had an albino tiger barb in a 10 gallon tank so I decided to add 4 more with the intention of creating a small school. The 4 new tiger barbs that I got were all schooling at the pet store so I thought they would be a good addition to my tank.
At first, all 4 of the new tiger barbs were schooling with my original albino barb but after a couple of hours, my albino barb started chasing the others. I love my albino barb with all my heart and I don't want to get rid of him and now I'm already getting attached to my new barbs. I just want all of them to coexist together.

I didn't know what to do so I removed my albino temporarily. Since he's been removed from my 10 gallon tank, the 4 new barbs are once again schooling and stress-free. What should I do next? :(

That is a very small tank for tiger barbs tbh. If he was there first then he is going to be more territorial about his space. I would take them all out, rearrange the tank and then put them all back in together, they should hopefully settle in then. They will still harass each other, that's just what tigers do, but I would recommend getting a bigger tank in the near future.

Thank you so much. I’m so attached to my albino barb so I returned the others to the pet store. I just bought a 20 gallon tank and I’m currently in the process of doing a fish-less cycle.

Thank you so much again!!!:)

Back
Top Bottom