One more time ....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Retested looks like the nitrates are about 40.... How much of a PWC do I need to do so I can add fish ??

Flossie said:
Retested looks like the nitrates are about 40.... How much of a PWC do I need to do so I can add fish ??

I'd do at least a fifty percent. I prefer to keep my nitrates at ten even.

Ok I did about a thirty .. Then I seen u said 50 lol hopefully that'll help and I can do another soon

I have a pleco I'm looking to give away or put him in my 55 when it's cycled it's kind of making me crazy cause I would just keep him but I know he will be to big. My cousin said he'd take him but his aquariums aren't set up yet

Hubert90 said:
Dw! We are all still learning! Don't think we ever stop :)

Lol thanks that helps me feel a little better ;)

Ok I got three female guppies and two male guppies and a free baby lol I have the common pleco in there but he's going to a new home soon. am I doing ok ??

ok that was late haha! i think your doing good. id use aqadvisor to check and see where your at on stocking.

Do I need to add anything ??

Attachments

• image-1101329422.jpg
    image-1101329422.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 61
allaboutfish said:
ok that was late haha! i think your doing good. id use aqadvisor to check and see where your at on stocking.

Ok great ;) thanks you have all been so much help;)

allaboutfish said:
id do a betta 6 neon tetras and maybe some pygmy corys kuhli loaches or shrimp

I did think about neons or some long fin zebra danios... But I went with the guppies. I got a breeder tank and I'm hoping to get a couple one gallons for the babies

awesome sounds exciting! i almost breed my corys but they ate their eggs and i dropped the last one oops.

allaboutfish said:
awesome sounds exciting! i almost breed my corys but they ate their eggs and i dropped the last one oops.

Lol oooopppss!!!

I have a betta(Barry) in a 10 gallon with some live plants, and he loves them. I've heard to only use the silk variety of fake plants with bettas so that they don't get their fins hurt from the hard plastic.
Looks nice.
For the nitrate test, you HAVE to shake the test for the full minute, as well as the container of solution #2. I've made the mistake of not, and it WILL give weird and inaccurate results if you don't shake them enough.

straick said:
I have a betta(Barry) in a 10 gallon with some live plants, and he loves them. I've heard to only use the silk variety of fake plants with bettas so that they don't get their fins hurt from the hard plastic.
Looks nice.
For the nitrate test, you HAVE to shake the test for the full minute, as well as the container of solution #2. I've made the mistake of not, and it WILL give weird and inaccurate results if you don't shake them enough.

Thank u ;) I retested and it was high but I did a Pwc so that should help. I think I'm getting the hang of it :)

Back
Top Bottom