One more time ....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flossie

Aquarium Advice Addict
My 10g is finally cycled what fish are recommended?? It's hard for me to choose I've not seen anything I really want

Oo 10g!! I did a full planted shrimp tank!! Cherry shrimp!! It's full of benefits ;) as they are attractive! And u can feed them to ur other fishes if population gets crowded!

Bettababe1011 said:
Bettas are always great choices. I love their personality.

What else can go with bettas?? My nephew has one and he killed a pleco :(

Hubert90 said:
Oo 10g!! I did a full planted shrimp tank!! Cherry shrimp!! It's full of benefits ;) as they are attractive! And u can feed them to ur other fishes if population gets crowded!

Oh yeah ? I googled them lol

Flossie said:
What else can go with bettas?? My nephew has one and he killed a pleco :(

It depends on the specific Betta. What size tank does your nephew have it in?

Some bettas are too aggressive, but most can be kept with almost any fish that isn't extremely nippy or has extravagant fins.

I have kept Betta with livebearers other than guppies and they did just fine. An awesome setup is bettas with shrimp. Try Betta with Amani or cherry shrimp. The latter breed so often, the Betta has a supply of extra food!

wabbitbugs said:
I have kept Betta with livebearers other than guppies and they did just fine. An awesome setup is bettas with shrimp. Try Betta with Amani or cherry shrimp. The latter breed so often, the Betta has a supply of extra food!

Hmm I'm gonna try tat! Thanks for the advice!! Always wanted a betta :) btw is it me or are female betta really hard to find.

Hubert90 said:
Hmm I'm gonna try tat! Thanks for the advice!! Always wanted a betta :) btw is it me or are female betta really hard to find.

I think it's just you. Lol, I find them very easy to find. Even my Walmart has female bettas.

Ok so a betta with neons or other tetras will be fine ??? Should I just get a betta first and tetras later?? Everything is reading 0 ammo 0 nitrites 0 amd nitrates0 is that possible for nitrates to be 0!?

Few days ago. Maybe I should check again... Is it necessary to shake the tube a whole minute ?? Lol I didn't do that

Put the Betta in last. That way it doesn't have time to make a territory. Or if you get it, move around the decor before you put the tetras in.

Bettababe1011 said:
Put the Betta in last. That way it doesn't have time to make a territory. Or if you get it, move around the decor before you put the tetras in.

U sound like u are quite knowledgable on the bettas. Are they easy to breed?

The rule with bettas is they attack fish that look similar (really broadly similar). Mine never once went for my livebearers but do add the latter first. Also, keep in mind that livebearers need larger than the average Betta tank.

Happy to jump in on the Betta breeding thread and if you are close enough to where I live, even demo it.

Bettababe1011 said:

Gotcha

Back
Top Bottom