Opinions on background color

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kowalski

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a double sides background. Would black look better with convicts? With play sand? Or will blue look better? Your opinions are greatly appreciated

I painted the back of my tank black. Blue looks nice also, really depends on the look your going for, the type of fish and aqua scape and of course what you like! That's the bottoms like really. You have to be happy with it.

I painted the back of my tank black. Blue looks nice also, really depends on the look your going for, the type of fish and aqua scape and of course what you like! That's the bottoms like really. You have to be happy with it.

Well convicts are black and white so i was debating whether I want black or blue. My moms been bothering me about my decision

Well convicts are black and white so i was debating whether I want black or blue. My moms been bothering me about my decision

Well... You don't want the fish to get lost in the tank, what is your decor? Gravel color, any green like fake plants. What type of scape is it? You could always so a nice aqua blue. If you have rocks, driftwood etc in the tank the convicts will be seen better with the blue background in my opinion. The scape will be natural and they can hide throughout your tank but the blue backing will make them pop when they're out and about.

Here's a pic of a convict tank with blue background.

image-1885506456.jpg

Sorry for the window glare. This tank was out together today at a friends house.

Well... You don't want the fish to get lost in the tank, what is your decor? Gravel color, any green like fake plants. What type of scape is it? You could always so a nice aqua blue. If you have rocks, driftwood etc in the tank the convicts will be seen better with the blue background in my opinion. The scape will be natural and they can hide throughout your tank but the blue backing will make them pop when they're out and about.

Here's a pic of a convict tank with blue background.

Sorry for the window glare. This tank was out together today at a friends house.

Ill deffinetly go with the blue. If I find black will be better i can just flip the background. The play sand is a tanish white

Back
Top Bottom