Order to add these fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GeekLikeThat

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My 36 bow front has finally finished its fishless cycle. 4ppm ammonia to 0 ammonia and nitrites in 24 hours.:D

Now, I am off to get some fish, but wanted to know about the order I should get them. Here's the list:

11 harlequin rasbora
8 bentos/candy cane tetra
5 panda cory
2 bolivian ram

The rams are going to wait a few months for the tank to mature, and the cory cats will probably go in after the tetras and rasboras as I've read they sometimes don't like new tanks.

So, do I add the rasboras or tetras first, or does it matter?

Or should I get both the tetras and rasboras at the same time? I've read that shouldn't be a problem with the way I cycled the tank, should have plenty of bio-filter.

I could be totally wrong but I think candy cane may be slightly more harder fishes and the fact your planning to have 8 and it a smaller group to the other schooling fish I would say go with that first give the tank a chance to get use the the bio load and all the important stuff like ammonia etc since it a newly cycled tank but I am hoping that someone will chime in and give you a confirmed idea of which to go with...

I would test the water to make sure tha ammonia and nitrite are both still 0 for a week atleast well thats what I do

I would add the tetras first but I don't think it matters as long as its either the tetras or the rasboras. But after you add your initial stock (since this is fishless right?), then you can't add more than maybe 5 fish at a time, at least a week apart.

Back
Top Bottom