Ottos!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LyndaB said:
I wouldn't think that's the reason, but why do you turn it off? I don't know, I guess it would change the amount of aeration in the tank on a daily basis.

Maybe I'm humanizing my fish too much.., id think it would be harder to sleep without ever being able to get away from the water movement... Am I wrong? Haha.. I'm feeling kinds silly at the moment

The most important factor in fishkeeping appears to be consistency. My gut tells me the wise thing is not to make that change every day.

And um, yeah, if you want to feel silly about it, that's your privilege. :cool:

LyndaB said:
The most important factor in fishkeeping appears to be consistency. My gut tells me the wise thing is not to make that change every day.

And um, yeah, if you want to feel silly about it, that's your privilege. :cool:

I'll stop turning it off...

Hey now... I don't WANT to feel silly... Haha..

maestromad said:
I tend to turn my airstones down to a low flow at night for the same reason lol!!

Low flow?
I just have the walmart strip.,, don't know about adjusting anything on that.. Hmm

If you want to adjust the flow on an airstone, get a gang valve. It is made so that you can bleed off some of the air pressure and thus reduce the flow of the airstone.

adadkins1 said:
If you want to adjust the flow on an airstone, get a gang valve. It is made so that you can bleed off some of the air pressure and thus reduce the flow of the airstone.

Oh great thanks :)

I agree that otos just die sometimes. I am sorry about your loss though.
I am sure its not your fault. You have no idea how the fish was treated on its venture from the river to the store. Does the store replace dead ones?

absolutangel04 said:
I agree that otos just die sometimes. I am sorry about your loss though.
I am sure its not your fault. You have no idea how the fish was treated on its venture from the river to the store. Does the store replace dead ones?

Yes but didn't have car today.
(oh my gosh. Haha my smartphone turned car to CAE!!)
He couldn't sit and rot for a couple days....
Brand new shipment came in yesterday.
On sale $1.15 each

ocminpin said:
On sale $1.15 each

Ottos are $1.15 each!!!!!!!! Wow!!! I priced some a while ago and they where $10+ each!!!!
Sorry about your loss too.

Mumma.of.two said:
Ottos are $1.15 each!!!!!!!! Wow!!! I priced some a while ago and they where $10+ each!!!!
Sorry about your loss too.

Wow!!
Regular price $2.19
My mollies were all $1.99, Platies $1.79, and the guppies of the past were $2.99.

On sale $1.15 each
You can out him in a bag and put it in the freezer. Thats what I do when I have to take a fish back to PetCo.

absolutangel04 said:
You can out him in a bag and put it in the freezer. Thats what I do when I have to take a fish back to PetCo.

Ooooo :-( saw him this morning and triple checked and flushed. Next time I'll think of that.

I put Cesar in the freezer for a couple days till we decided if we were going to bury him or dispose of in trash...

Yeah, the freezer thing works. I actually was given that advice from PetCo. :)
Are your other guys still doing well?

absolutangel04 said:
Yeah, the freezer thing works. I actually was given that advice from PetCo. :)
Are your other guys still doing well?

Yes one attached to filter intake stem and other above him were filter let's out

Back
Top Bottom