Out of my depth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

labpig

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a community tank with 2 male guppies who fight. I got 2 females (would have got more females but I'm at my stock limit) to stop the males fighting which worked fairly well

My problem is that one of the females is now very pregnant (big gravid spot). My tank is only 70L and not really big enough for a hatchery, so I took the pregnant female out to be by herself int my old biorb ( put water from my main tank into the orb along with 1/2 a filter and some media)

The problem now of course is that the 2 males are now fighting over the 1 remaining female!

I don't want to put the aggressive male or the remaining female into the biorb in case they eat the fry

Help! I don't know what to do. I've only been keeping fish for 3 months now

Thanks in advance

I have a community tank with 2 male guppies who fight. I got 2 females (would have got more females but I'm at my stock limit) to stop the males fighting which worked fairly well

My problem is that one of the females is now very pregnant (big gravid spot). My tank is only 70L and not really big enough for a hatchery, so I took the pregnant female out to be by herself int my old biorb ( put water from my main tank into the orb along with 1/2 a filter and some media)

The problem now of course is that the 2 males are now fighting over the 1 remaining female!

I don't want to put the aggressive male or the remaining female into the biorb in case they eat the fry

Help! I don't know what to do. I've only been keeping fish for 3 months now

Thanks in advance

Are you planning on buying a new tank for the fry once bigger? If not then let nature take its course otherwise you will be searching for a fishstore who will take then

Duh

I hadn't thought that far ahead. No, I'm not planning to get another tank. Although, I'd love another tank but my wife would Have a fit !!

She's already been installed in the orb

Would it stress her to move her again back into the main tank again?

Duh

I hadn't thought that far ahead. No, I'm not planning to get another tank. Although, I'd love another tank but my wife would Have a fit !!

She's already been installed in the orb

Would it stress her to move her again back into the main tank again?

If she is too stressed she will just abort the fry and problem solved

+1 to just putting her back into the previous tank. I've never NOT had a guppy lady get pregnant -lol. You really can't keep all the fry, even if you have a lfs to sell to.

Back
Top Bottom