Over stocked tank??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Emma_002

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everybody. I have a 10 gallon tank that is mildly planted. I have 3 black mollys, 3 white skirted tetras, and 2 female bettas (the other was rehomed, and these two get along extremely well), and two ghost shrimp. I was given two out of the three black mollys recently, and I am now concered that my fish tank is overstocked. I had a 10 gallon filter, but I just purchased a 40 gallon filter, and I do 35% water changes twice a week. What does everyone think? If my tank is overstocked, which I do believe it is, which fish should i rehome? (I am thinking of rehoming the white skirt tetras, since they nip anyways.) Thank you for your advice in advanced.

Yes you are overstocked. Mollies need like 30 gallons and the skirt tetras need enough room to be in a group of 6 (maybe 20g).

Hello Emma...

As long as you're following an aggressive water change routine, your tank should be fine. I would gradually work up to the point you're removing half the tank water twice a week.

B

Thank you both for your advice. I was able to rehome the white skirt tetras! I appreciate the quick replys.

Back
Top Bottom