Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-16-2020, 11:53 AM   #1
RMC
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Question Overstocking advice

Hi,

I am new to this site. I would be considered a beginner/intermediate level fish owner.
I am looking for advice on stocking and tank mates of a 350L (90 gallons) tank. I am wondering if 2 Electric Blue acara, a clown loach and 2 Rainbow Chiclids will get on together and if the tank has adequate space for this mix?

Alternatively, I would like to go for 2 EBA,1 Clown Loach and a school of cherry barbs. Will these get on and what would be the max number of barbs? I was hoping 10 or more.

Thanks

Old 04-16-2020, 12:04 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Well, first, Clown loaches do much better in schools of 5 or 6. They are very social. And although EBA are supposed to be peaceful, I would not put cherry barbs in the same tank with them. EBAs get big and these barbs are small.
Old 04-16-2020, 12:24 PM   #3
RMC
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlederer View Post
Well, first, Clown loaches do much better in schools of 5 or 6. They are very social. And although EBA are supposed to be peaceful, I would not put cherry barbs in the same tank with them. EBAs get big and these barbs are small.
Thanks for the advice, noted. I have my heart set on 2 juvenile EBAs and I was looking for a bottom dweller, I have read that Rainbow Sharks are best kept 1 per aquarium (aquarium size dependant of course)

Would you have you recommend adding more than 2 EBAs and an RS? If so, what?

Thanks
Old 04-16-2020, 12:27 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Never kept Rainbow Sharks so I don't know. For that size of a tank, a school of clown loaches would be fine along with 4 EBAs.
Old 04-16-2020, 07:48 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Rain bow sharks

Rainbow sharks are like awesome I have a few. Yes keep one or two if you have lots of hiding places you could prolly get away with two I like rainbow loaches better than clown loaches though for your aquarium.
Old 04-20-2020, 08:21 AM   #6
RMC
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishlegend View Post
Rainbow sharks are like awesome I have a few. Yes keep one or two if you have lots of hiding places you could prolly get away with two I like rainbow loaches better than clown loaches though for your aquarium.
Thanks for the reply!
Old 04-29-2020, 06:20 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I have one tank with three almost full grown EBA's, one almost full grown Rainbow shark, and a school of 8 Serpae tetras. They all get along great, and Ive had zero aggression issues! If you're seeking red schooling fish, Id consider Serpae Tetras as they are big enough that full grown EBA's cant eat them.
Old 04-29-2020, 06:24 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Another thought, I'd pass on the clown loaches, as someone else said they really need a school of 5 to 6, and they get pretty big full grown. Really you'd be better to have a school of some type of cory cats for bottom feeding, or if you want loaches, and you can find some, id consider Yoyo loaches, they don't get nearly as big as clown loach's, and they are super active and fun to watch.

Tags
advice, overstock, overstocking, stock, stocking

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com