Overstocking worry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jakuba

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I’ve got a new tank set up cycled and ready for fish, but don’t want to overstock!

Tank: 36 g, medium planted, Seachem 75 hob filter.

I’d like to stock with silver tip tetra and turquoise rainbow fish or Blue rams - I think I can get away with 10 tetras and 2 rainbows/rams but really would appreciate anyone preventing me from getting too many if that’s the case with my plan.

谢谢你(˶‾᷄ ⁻̫ ‾᷅˵)

I dont think you would be overstocked with your proposal. However rainbow fish tend to prefer larger numbers, so on that i would opt for the rams.

I keep silvertip tetras, and when i had equal males to females they got a bit aggressive towards the females, so i added a few more females. Aggression gone. The males have better colour so its tempting to go for more males. Its easy to see the difference. I dont know if all males would work if you really like their orange colour.

Thank you Aiken!

Think I’ll add some more rainbows to the mix then. Love the rams too though

Decisions decisions!

多谢ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ

36 gallons, you could get 9 or 10 rainbow fish in there. If you drop down to say 6 rainbow fish you could also add 6 to 8 silvertips. Might look a bit weird with such a small number of silvertips with the much bigger rainbow fish.

I would either go all rainbow fish, or a pair of rams with a big group of silvertips, say 15 of those.

Or, if you really wanted the group of rainbows, how about 6 rainbows and some bottom feeders. Say 8 corys? They are super cute fish and will occupy a different part of the tank to the rainbow fish.

Back
Top Bottom