Ph

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flossie

Aquarium Advice Addict
Would u say this is 8.2 ?? Wanna be positive. It's the same out of tap and in my cycling aquarium... I'm going to get some fish for my cycled 10g nitrates were a little high but I did a 30%pwc nitrites and ammo are at 0 I am going to drip acclimate I just wanted to make sure I was seeing this right

Attachments

• image-3528253220.jpg
    image-3528253220.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 61
  • image-1379119477.jpg
    image-1379119477.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 51
libraygirl said:
Looks like 8.2 to me, too.

Thanks ... I'm just learning how to use the test kit and my eyes play tricks on me ;)

Just so you don't feel alone...I'm having a hard time reading the colors with my kit, too! I was wondering if it was just my eyes or if other newbies have trouble as well.

mollymama said:
Just so you don't feel alone...I'm having a hard time reading the colors with my kit, too! I was wondering if it was just my eyes or if other newbies have trouble as well.

Naaaa it's hard.. I think u have to hold it up to the light and look at the card lol I've held it upside down too... Dunno why but it seems to help

Nope. I have livebearers too, and you just have to acclimate carefully. Which you should be doing regardless of your ph.

Bettababe1011 said:
Nope. I have livebearers too, and you just have to acclimate carefully. Which you should be doing regardless of your ph.

I thinly I'm gonna drip acclimate
:) how do u do acclimate ??

I float the bag to temp acclimate then exchange water for a while. It's not as good as drip acclimation, but I don't have the supplies for drip right now. Will for my sw. Lol.

Bettababe1011 said:
I float the bag to temp acclimate then exchange water for a while. It's not as good as drip acclimation, but I don't have the supplies for drip right now. Will for my sw. Lol.

Ah ;) I see well I'm trying to learn....

Flossie said:
Ah ;) I see well I'm trying to learn....

In the past I've always dropped the bag into the tank for 15 minutes then put a cup of my tank water into the bag leave for 15 minutes then repeat again then net fish into tank as you don't want to put the water from the shop into your tank ( just for safety to be honest )

cichlidpaul said:
In the past I've always dropped the bag into the tank for 15 minutes then put a cup of my tank water into the bag leave for 15 minutes then repeat again then net fish into tank as you don't want to put the water from the shop into your tank ( just for safety to be honest )

Ah, yes. Always net them out. You have no idea what could be in the store water.

Thanks guys .. I thought drip may be best since my ph is so high... What do you guys think ??

Drip acclimating is always a good idea. Something you should consider though... if you live close to your LFS (same city), they most likely use the same tap water you do. Ask them what their pH is, it'll give you a better idea how far you are from them. I always drip my fish for at least an hour (after floating for about 30 minutes). I just don't feel comfortable any other way.

mfdrookie516 said:
Drip acclimating is always a good idea. Something you should consider though... if you live close to your LFS (same city), they most likely use the same tap water you do. Ask them what their pH is, it'll give you a better idea how far you are from them. I always drip my fish for at least an hour (after floating for about 30 minutes). I just don't feel comfortable any other way.

Well the closest one to me does not have much variety but seeing it's for a ten gallon I'm sure they'll have the same as the next guy.. Lol

Bettababe1011 said:
If you can do drip Acclimation, jump at the chance!

I was just going to put them in a bowl and use some of the extra air pump tubing that I have to drip in the bowl... Then net them out

Flossie said:
I was just going to put them in a bowl and use some of the extra air pump tubing that I have to drip in the bowl... Then net them out

Sounds good. Make sure the bowl is deep enough. It'd be terrible to come into the room and find a fish flopping on the floor. Or a dry fishie on the floor. :O

Back
Top Bottom