PH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why do you want to raise it? Most fw fish will do fine at that ph as they’re almost all captive bred and can be kept at most pH levels as long as it is stable.

I also have a question about pH... mine sticks around 8.0.

We're new to having fish, have lost a lot and only just learnt about and cycled the tank. But I want to be on top of everything before buying new fish (currently have 2 corys and a pleco in a 20g tank).

I know some people say that it's more important that pH is stable but 8 seems high - will most fish survive in it anyway? I've used pH downer but don't want to have to add it all the time if I don't need to.

I also have a question about pH... mine sticks around 8.0.

We're new to having fish, have lost a lot and only just learnt about and cycled the tank. But I want to be on top of everything before buying new fish (currently have 2 corys and a pleco in a 20g tank).

I know some people say that it's more important that pH is stable but 8 seems high - will most fish survive in it anyway? I've used pH downer but don't want to have to add it all the time if I don't need to.

Mines at 8.0 also and the fish seem fine I only lost a few when I added that ph down. Which made it fluctuate and go back to 8.0.

Back
Top Bottom