ph reading..fishless cycle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

twinkey

Aquarium Advice Regular
judging by the readings..it looks all normal to me..3 day cycle..would like someones opinion

Attachments

• SANY0198f.jpg
    SANY0198f.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 56
Looks like it's about 7.4 which is fine. How are you cycling? PH can tend to shift during cycling so just watch it.

Looks like it's about 7.4 which is fine. How are you cycling? PH can tend to shift during cycling so just watch it.
sorry..should of specified..left one..regular ph...right one high ph...i read if it gets to 6ppm it will stall my cycle..what do i do to bring it back up..if it does..its fishless

twinkey said:
sorry..should of specified..left one..regular ph...right one high ph...i read if it gets to 6ppm it will stall my cycle..what do i do to bring it back up..if it does..its fishless

If it starts to drop into the low sixes then do a 50% PWC and keep an eye on it.

Crushed coral is a good buffer, I use cichlid sand as a buffer in my tanks. Even a small amount will do. In fact, my cycling ten gal with my betta suffered a HUGE Ph crash the other day, I added the smallest amount of the cichlid sand from my other tank, and the Ph was back up and steady within 30 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom