Ph really High :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Christina717

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok so I recently moved from the city to the country and I been having problems with my PH being over 8.8. everything else is perfectly fine.

*Ammonia-0ppm
*Nitrite-0ppm
*Nitrate-5.0ppm
*PH-over8.8

I'm using the API freshwater test kit.
I have a 30gallon tank currently holding 1oranda goldfish, calico telescope goldfish, and a black moor goldfish. The temperature stays around 65-70. I have 2 filters, both aquaclear one is a 70 gallon and the other is a 20 gallon.
The goldfish seem to be doing fine no signs of stress but I like to keep it at a good stable lvl and ever since I moved its been high. I don't know what to do please help me and my babies.

well you being in the country are on well water right? do you have a water softener? and you can add drift wood to lower ph and get buffer. if you do have hard water and are on a well but dont have a water softener you could add one into you plumbing for your house expensive but it helps even you not just the tank

If its stable and your fish seem ok, don't worry too much. You can add peat to your filter and driftwood to your tank. Good luck.

Hi! That's on the high side BUT if your fish seem happy and healthy, I would not stress over it. If your on a well, have you had the water professionally tested?

The water was checked and the filter is changed on it, and yes its well water ill have to buy some drift wood since I don't like using a lot of chemicals in my tank. Prime is good enough lol. Thanks for the help guys

No chemicals needed. You can try some dw and/or peat moss but I dont expect it to do much. No worries as long as they healthy & happy! :)

PH is probably the least thing to worry about....

a stable PH is 1000 times better then having your PH swing all over the place trying to get it to a specific point! Most fish can handle PH ranges between 6 and 8... as long as its stable and they are acclimated properly... If you do ANYTHING please dont start messing with PH Up or PH Down... DONT TRY AND FIX your PH.... it will do more harm than good!

Your ammonia, nitrite and nitrate levels are perfect... what does your tap water test at for PH?

Back
Top Bottom