Pics of 55...almost cycled

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bosk1

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well, it doesn't have fish yet, but I've had requests for pictures, so I thought I would cooperate. Here she is:

img_540431_0_37a54cfd8db8ed61b2f138b82f7b3a4d.jpg

Close-up view of left half:
img_540431_1_4cea2c9f2d6ca7057e4da4316f9742f8.jpg

Close-up view of right half:
img_540431_2_0d53cd9b5a1dd59a7e243ffbcfb03270.jpg

Wow, my son's lovely fingerprints show up nicely in flash photography. :oops:

Thanks! No, I'm too chicken to go for live plants at this point, but my goal was for the tank to look as natural as possible. In the pictures, it's really difficult to tell which plants are part of the tank, and which ones are only in the backdrop. The large, bushy one in the center that extends all the way to the top and has some floating branches is obviously part of my "plastic garden." Same with the matching tall plants in each back corner (behind the left flower pot and the right side driftwood). The foreground ones are easier to spot. The rest are backdrop.

My heater is mostly hidden behind the big bushy one in the middle. It is horizontal, about 4-5 inches above gravel, and close enough to the filter intake for water movement to distribute the heat. I would like to hide the filter intake somewhat, but don't think that is really possible without possibly obstructing it somewhat. Anyway, I'm pretty happy with the look. My only small regret is going with the medium sized, light colored gravel. Looking back, I wish I had gone with the small, dark brown instead. Otherwise, I'm pleased. Now I just need fish! I'm hoping to add some at the end of the weekend when I get back from my next trip (I take short trips a lot for work...at least lately). My wife is going to dose the ammonia every day while I'm gone to keep the cycle going, and I think I should be ready by Sunday when I return.

nice tank, i also think the same as you with the dark gravel, i think your fish would of contasted a whole lot better, but thats just an opinion. your tank is really nice. that would make a nice south american community tank,, :)

If you're looking for advice, I would replace the plant background with a plain black one and take out the empty clay pots for something more natural. JMHO.

Back
Top Bottom