Plans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AaronH

Aquarium Advice Activist
alright i used to have a sw tank until the unfortunate happened. i have npw decided to go freshwater. btw am from uk so all my quantities will be diffrent sorry. i have a 125ltr tank i had from sw and have been told by my lfs that the sand substrate i was useing for that will be fine for freshwater i have change the filter media and the lights back to the originals i have filled the tank up and turnt on the filters and heater today. anyways by the time i took back all of my live rock and what fish i had left from sw to my lfs i have gaine £260 store credit. i would like to try and have a decent plan of oction whilse i am waiting for my tank to start and finish cycleing. i am planning on haveing

2 bushy nosed plecos
10 neon tetras
6 cherry barbs

i am also planning on getting some live plants but need some advice on what ones to get and advice on maintenance as they will be my first plants etc...

i will also need some advice on any other equipment that i may need eg air stone and pump etc and what would be best for my planned setup. the quantity of fish can be change if overstocked just those where my planned fish.

You cant have those Bala sharks in that tank it's way to small... In the US the tank size would be it would be a 33 gallon tank. Bala's grow to almost 16" so that size tank is way to small for them. Same thing for the sail fin. They can grow to 22". If you want these fish you need a bigger tank The others are ok though.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

the balas im not to fussed about however i like the plecos is there any pleco that i could have in my tank ?

Pitbull plecs, bristlenose plecs, golden plecs... I'm sure there ate a few more. Them ones only grow to around 4-5 inches. I have 2 pitbulls in same size tank as you.

i like the bushy nosed plecos could i have two of them and the rest of my fish except the balas. has anyone got any advice on lighting i have a juwel hight light daytime bulb 28w and a juwel hight light nature bulb28w with metal reflector is this gona be to much light or to little light for plants

I think two would be fine they get to like 4 1/2". As for lights I can't comment I need to learn more in that department.

You could have more fish in there also. But with the neons to get the best personalities I would get a group of 10-12. The cherries you should get at least 6 as they are also schooling fish. I'll find a site with pictures of fish and specs and will edit it into this post.

Edit* http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/aquarium-fish-supplies.cfm?c=830

This site tells about plants and there specs too : )

ah ok thanks i wiill edit the list of fish lol do u hapen to know anything about plants ?

I have no plants I'm going to be venturing down that road soon but I edited in a link to a site that has specs on fish and plants hope it helps.

Your stock sounds about right, except I would only get 1 bristlenose (bushynose) pleco. If by any change you get two males (and since the tank is smaller than 55 gallons), they would aggressively fight, possibly getting their bristles entangled (hard to pull apart). Besides, 1 is enough for a 27 Uk gallons (33 Us gallons)

Now to finish the tank stocking, I would get a smallish center piece fish like a gouarmi or something.

Take a look at my signatures links, I have 'planted tank tips', it will help you decide what you want and need.

Back
Top Bottom