Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-09-2021, 07:43 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Planted tank after main

Hello. Im finally done my 242gallon. I will have it upstairs with 55g sump in basement. I plan to have 1 pump do all. From 240 main it will drain down to basement going through a 35gal full planted tank than a 90 gallon discus tank and on to a 55gal cichlid tank before going to my 55gallon sump and back up to main. Any suggestions? Will the planted tank help with nitrates if the plants are not in the same tank as the fish? Would it be better to have the planted tank the last tank before sump? I plan on putting more more tanks in basement eventually. Plan it all working with 1 pump. I spent 800 on pump and 400 on plumbing already. Want it done right.

Tags
plant, planted, planted tank, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com