Plattys suffering disease or fungi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TWEDM1

Aquarium Advice Regular
My patties bread I harvested all the babies into a floating breeder they were fine then the mother died. The babies were alone in their feeder with an older Molly baby. The Molly had gaps in his fins that never sealed just got wider then one day the Platty babies had straight tails instead of triangular shaped ones they swam tadpole like next day they were dead. The father is still alive but his fins look like they got cotton Mittens on so what's going on. No other fish or plant is affected.

I did a 80% water change
Sterilized and restarted both of my bio filters still he has fungus what's going on!?

Do you have a test kit to see what the water parameters are?
Did the breeder trap allow for water exchange, or was it enclosed?
I am sorry about your fish. You should treat the dad with an anti-fungal treatment. Try to fin done that says its ok for plants.

absolutangel04 said:
Do you have a test kit to see what the water parameters are?
Did the breeder trap allow for water exchange, or was it enclosed?
I am sorry about your fish. You should treat the dad with an anti-fungal treatment. Try to fin done that says its ok for plants.

The breeder trap allowed no to minimal water passage. It's the plexy glass clear floating breeders

Was the mother in the breeder trap with the fry? Did you swish the breeder trap around a few times a day to keep the water in it clean? I am guessing there may have an ammonia build up in the breeder trap.
How did you sterilize the filters?

Back
Top Bottom