Play sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got mine from Home Depot. It's fine for aquariums! If you plant live plants, get root tabs. Sand doesn't have much nutrients if any at all. I took a 5 gallon bucket, filled it halfway with sand, poured water in it, mixed it up, and let the water over flow the bucket. Repeat process until water becomes clear. I did this and had no cloudiness in my tank either! Best of luck!

I would go with pool filter sand. Its easier to clean and the grain is a bit bigger so if it gets stireed up by fish then it fals down way faster

I would go with pool filter sand. Its easier to clean and the grain is a bit bigger so if it gets stireed up by fish then it fals down way faster

I've heard this, and it could be true. I've washed my ah sand well and when I move it around a lot in my aquarium, it settles really fast.

I've heard this, and it could be true. I've washed my ah sand well and when I move it around a lot in my aquarium, it settles really fast.

Yes this is true as well. Ive used both and the pfs seems easier than the ps. The ps is just too course for my liking and it seems to get everywhere versus the pfs

Wash in bucket half full no less than 6 times. Make sure you run your hands in the sand to try and remove all the dirt and light particles

I'm just doing mine now, I had gravel and decided I needed a change, I've used pool sand, it's already in my 80 litre and now I've got it in my 200 litre .. Looks good too, still waiting for my r/o water and I've put 50% of the old water back in, so by tonight we should be back up and running :) good luck .. Oh it's really easy to clean too with the vac,

play sand takes a lot to come clear, it took me about 10-15 mins for each 5 gallon bucket of sand but thats what you get for paying 2 dollars for 20 lbs at menards

play sand takes a lot to come clear, it took me about 10-15 mins for each 5 gallon bucket of sand but thats what you get for paying 2 dollars for 20 lbs at menards

I always paid 5 $ at home depot for 50# of pfs. Play sand here comes out to be lile 15$ per 30# bag

I always paid 5 $ at home depot for 50# of pfs. Play sand here comes out to be lile 15$ per 30# bag

15 dollars? holy crap its 2.38 for a 20lb of regular at menards and 3.08 for white play sand 20lb they dont have black at the menards near me

lol really? whereabouts are you from? in minnesota the menards are actually bigger than the home depots

Im in texas! I didnt hear about a kroger till I went to houston. Its all HEB here! Home depot is where they sell the cheap PFS

Back
Top Bottom