Please Assist With Aquascaping Ideas for 60 Gallon Goldfish Setup...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Look up PC1 here on AA and see if he has any suitable wood for sale. I've seen some of the pieces other members have and they are stunning.
Leaching tannins isn't that bad. It discoloration the water but that's nothing to worry about. :)

Look up PC1 here on AA and see if he has any suitable wood for sale. I've seen some of the pieces other members have and they are stunning.
Leaching tannins isn't that bad. It discoloration the water but that's nothing to worry about. :)

Oh, well, I HATE discoloring the water -- in fact, that's why I run so much Purigen in my filters because I LOVE that clear-as-glass look...(y)

ArtesiaWells said:
Oh, well, I HATE discoloring the water -- in fact, that's why I run so much Purigen in my filters because I LOVE that clear-as-glass look...(y)

well if you did get a piece there are many of us here that can help you with the soaking process, I soak mine in a big bucket for a week before adding it to the tank that way there is no worry of water discoloration.
Or if you wanted to go with fake plants that look natural here's one

View attachment 102036

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004K...i=yNTjT9bsOIug8gTIyc3fCQ&sa=X&ved=0CE4QgwgwAQ

Can I make a suggestion?
I like googling pictures of tanks and picking and choosing different aspects I like then try to replicate it in my own tank. Sort of gives you a starting point.
Try googling planted tank, aquascaping and planted goldfish tank.

Mumma.of.two said:
Can I make a suggestion?
I like googling pictures of tanks and picking and choosing different aspects I like then try to replicate it in my own tank. Sort of gives you a starting point.

Ooo good point! :)

well if you did get a piece there are many of us here that can help you with the soaking process, I soak mine in a big bucket for a week before adding it to the tank that way there is no worry of water discoloration.
Or if you wanted to go with fake plants that look natural here's one

View attachment 102036

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004K...i=yNTjT9bsOIug8gTIyc3fCQ&sa=X&ved=0CE4QgwgwAQ

Yeah, that looks pretty cool -- very much like the "Bonzai Tree" pieces that piqued our interest at Petsmart and on their site, if we were to do the "Asian" theme for the goldies...

Thanks!

Can I make a suggestion?

Indeed, I have Googled this many times. :) Sometimes it just gets so overwhelming with all the ideas and pics!! :blink:

Back
Top Bottom