Please help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jessika

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone one :) so I am having an issue with my fish dying. One of the fish in my tank is eating the tails of my other fish :( it has killed 4 of my fish so far and I assume it is just going to continue until I find out what one is being aggressive. I currently have 1 dwarf gourami 3 black tetra's 6 zebra Dino's, 6 cory cat fish and 5 platys any ideas who it would be? I have been watching for days and haven't noticed anything ..... Don't want to lose an more fish

Give us some details.
Size of tank?
How long has it been set up ?
What are water test results ?

I'm wondering if you have an aggressive fish OR if it could be fin rot ???

Zebra Danios can be nippy

Black Tetras ? Black Skirt Tetras or Black Neon Tetras ?? Both can be nippy.

Dwarf Gouramis are usually peaceful, but some get territorial in small tanks.

Mollies can be bullies, Platies are usually nice.

Cories never bother anyone.

Pics of the tank as well would help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 30 gallon that's been up and running for about a month. It is still cycling because my ph was too low to grow the beneficial bacteria ( long story short) ph 7 amonia 0.6 nitrite 0.1 nitrate 0 temperature is 27. It's a black skirt tetra. It's happening to quickly to be fin rot with in 24 hours or less. It's defanetly being eaten and it's happens to 4 with in a week period 2 platys and 2 Cory's. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396943949.666850.jpg

Next time you turn the tank light off at night, turn all the room lights off, put down a chair 6 feet from the tank. Wait a good ten minutes then sit and observe for a while.

Threnjen has a point. I watch mine in a dark tank sometimes. Its like thunderdome in there sometimes. Fish chasing and nipping. Luckily for me no damage yet. So dedicate some time to watching them and you will find the culprit.

Back
Top Bottom