Please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mom2reds

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have two female guppys about to pop, and right now I have them in a breeding net in the tank, but I don't think there will be enough room for all the babies so I would like to set up my 10 gallon tank for the babies to grow up in but I don't have time to cycle it and I really don't have the room to set it up in except maybe under my 100 gallon tank inside the stand so it would only get the light from the tank light.

Do you guys have any suggestions?

Tess

use some of the substrate, filter media, and water from you 100G tank hopefully you get enough bacteria to have it already cycled. Good luck!

I kept my 10 gal QT in my cabinet as well. Using enough media from the main tank to seed the 10 gal's filter will drastically speed up the cycle. With a bunch of frys, the bioload is low, I don't think you would need a lot of stuff.

I would avoid having substrate from the main tank - you want a bare bottom tank for ease of maintanance - but if you have a rock ro ornament that you can put into the 10 gal, that would help a lot more than substrate, as the bact generally lives on surfaces.

Try to have a bit of light - having a day/night cycle is good for fish health, plus you need light to spot trouble. You don't need anything fancy .... a small undercabinet fluorescent, or even a couple stick-on closet lights (LED's would be best to save on batteries) will do the trick.

well I still have the momma guppy in the net and I noticed one baby this am but she is still huge. Wish me luck, I really want to see these guppies grow up and so do my boys.

Back
Top Bottom