Please help , i need suggestions on stocking my aquarium.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bensparky

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello,

So i am currently wondering what type of fish i want in my 72 gallon bowfront which is currently cycling. Here are my ideas:

A single species in my tank (Example: Convict Chiclid)

OR

Several Species (Examples: Neon Tetras , Platies , Bristlenose Pleco)

NOTE: The single species tank , i would breed them.

What are the pros and cons of each idea?

What do you guys think?

Suggestions are encouraged.

Thanks, :fish1:
Ben

IMO a 72 bow front would almost be wasted as a convict breeding tank. Interested in breeding any other species?

A community tank always has points in its favor too. It really is up to what interests you. I know that's not very helpful, but tis true. :)

Ok , i thought so. I think ill go with a community tank.

Thanks Guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bensparky said:
Ok , i thought so. I think ill go with a community tank.

Thanks Guys.

I think a community tank is an awesome choice! I have a community 30g that I will be upgrading to my 55g once I find a hood and get a stand or something for it to sit on. I have serpae tetras in my 30 now (a school of 6) and they add so much color to my tank!! I think a nice sized school of atleast 10 would look awesome it your 72! Also many here love cories, they will help build you a clean up crew, and they are such active little buggers! I have bronze and peppered cories, my bronze cories hide almost all the time except for feeding time, but my peppered cories are out almost constantly, many members here like julli cories as well.

If you are interested in breeding fish, your tank would be a great setup to breed malawis in. Stack up a bunch of rock, pick a species (they hybridize so choose species carefully), add fish and you'd have a fun to watch, active tank, while being able to watch the breeding characteristics of your chosen fish. Choose something "different" and you'll have the possible bonus of being able to sell or trade youngins for store credit.

Thanks everyone again for your answers!

I think the Malawi's would look cool! Ill look into it. Thanks HN1

Back
Top Bottom