Please help stock my new Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RazorSharpe

Aquarium Advice Newbie
can somebody help me with stocking my tank? i currently have a 55 gallon tank with a sand substrate.I also have a good amount of live plants. I have 1 dinosaur bichir, a african brown knifefish, and two plecos. All of them are currently about 4 inches long.i want to get rid of the plecos because they will get way too big. I would love to get a couple crocodile fish, or a fire eel. Could that work in my current set up?

Sadly, both the knife fish and the birchir get too large for that 55g tank. Even the plecos might get too large for the tank if they are common plecos. So honestly, I would suggest rehoming everything and start over with fish that are more suitable to the tank size.

The brown knife should be alright. It should stay are 8". If the plecos are common then they wont work. The bichir can work in a 55, even thought they get long, they arent too active. Never seen a crocadile fish, but from what I know of them they only grow about 5".

Back
Top Bottom