Pleco problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stewie4me

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Y 20 gallon acrylic came with a 7 year old 6 inch Pleco

image-3490086542.jpg

that my boys aptly named Rex. IMO he is way to big for the tank but seems happy and healthy with the other fish. Should I try to find him a new home in a bigger tank or leave him?

Im sorry but that poor thing looks terrible. As for you question yes it would be best. It may be a common that grows up yo 24".

Actually he looks better than that he was moving when the picture was taken. He is very healthy and active and eats very well. I just don't know how to go about trying to find him a new home.

You could put a add in the classified section. If youcould get a better pic, it will help clarify if he is a common

So it's fins and everything are ok? He looked a little tattered in the picture. If you could get a better one we may be able to tell your what type of pleco he is.

I'd check with your local pet store, sometimes they will take in donated fish from people. Otherwise I'd post of craigslist or something similar.

Update I called the Aquarium Center and they said they would take him. He looked so much happier by the time we left they put him in a 55 gallon with 2 other fish. We got a clown Pleco that we were told only gets to be around 2 1/2 inches.

No more Petsmart for me that place is amazing.

Oh and btw he was 9 inches not 6 so I am even happier that we took him.

oh wow. He was most likely a common. Poor things are sold to wrong people all the time.

Glad he's got a nice new tank to be happy in! A clown pleco is a great choice

Back
Top Bottom