Possible new upgrade!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

water12

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys! So I might be upgrading my tank from a 15 gallon high to something larger within a couple months. My awesome boyfriend keeps hinting that he's going to get me one (every time I mention a great deal on bigger tanks he freaks out, but in a good way, not to get one, to just wait). So if I do get one, it looks like it'll be for my birthday in August. Yay! I know it would be larger then what I have now and one if his friends has an empty 50 gallon that I think could be a possibility since he called me after hanging out with him panicking about me getting a new tank while he's gone the next month. So I'd say the possibility ranges from 20-50 gallons and I've just come up with a list of fish I'd want (not the numbers) and your guys opinion keeping in mind the possible tank size range. Here's my list of what interests me:
Cherry barbs
Bleeding heart tetras
Albino Cory's
Rainbow fish

I already have:
school of neons
2 ghost shrimp

I have no idea of how many of each I'd have but I was wondering on the compatibility. Any suggestions would be great!

I'd leave barbs out. If I recall, they are fin-nippers and obnoxious in a good way. Especially around angels.

I think you'll be fine with cherry barbs in that stock . If the tanks was 50 gallons I'd do:
8 cherry barbs
10 bleeding heart tetras
7 albino cories
5 dwarf neon Rainbowfish
And your schools of neons
Boost up the shrimp to 6ish

I left out the angel because they could be a problem with bleeding hearts and maybe the barbs
You could try a pair of rams if you took out the rainbow fish . :)

Yeah I wasn't sure how nippy the barbs would be, and I definitely wouldn't want the fins of the angel getting nipped.
I haven't checked out dwarf rainbows yet, are they common to find?
I've been highly considering Bolivian rams also, they're beautiful fish to look at :)
Depending on how easy it would be to fid the rams and dwarf rainbows will be the deciding factor of those! Oooooo I really hope my boyfriend isn't pulling my leg! I love my 15 gallon set-up, I got it from a friend back in December. But there's just so many other choices with bigger tanks! :)

Yeh I've been to quite a few fish stores and where I am in england there's ones called neon dwarf rainbows they are really bright colouring when schooling .

Back
Top Bottom