Powerhead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The boring name

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey guys looking for a power head for my 55 to keep my sand bed a bit cleaner, would this be a good oneImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390874743.612996.jpg
Reason for asking is I have an angelfish, thanks for any help

Not sure about Angel fish, but I have a 55 gallon and almost two dozen cichlids, two aqua clear 110's and I went with a 1200g/hr powerhead, a real Cheapie,* AQUATOP-CP12 from Amazon.ca, delivered for 25$ sounds like overkill, but not really, fish love jumping in and out of the current, and it had a really strong magnetic mount, 100% happy about that purchase and I can't find any pooh or waste anywhere, my filters now scoop up everything....good luck dude

Sent from my XT910 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You're getting that for just one angel fish? If you do regular maintenance, I'm sure you wont need it and also how much current would you have inside the tank?

Not sure about Angel fish, but I have a 55 gallon and almost two dozen cichlids, two aqua clear 110's and I went with a 1200g/hr powerhead, a real Cheapie,* AQUATOP-CP12 from Amazon.ca, delivered for 25$ sounds like overkill, but not really, fish love jumping in and out of the current, and it had a really strong magnetic mount, 100% happy about that purchase and I can't find any pooh or waste anywhere, my filters now scoop up everything....good luck dude

Sent from my XT910 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Two dozen cichlids in a 55g, you must be referring to African cichlids?

Yes Africans, need not worry, I have a 200 gallon currently under construction..........

I ordered the strongest powerhead thinking it was going to be too powerful, but not the case

Before this powerhead, In between regular maintenance you did see poop and waste on the bottom , now zero , it's all picked up by filtration

100% worth 20$ for this powerhead, and fish are in and out of the new current stream all day
I recommended everyone try it, if they had been thinking about it, BUT I have no idea if angelfish would like it

Yes Africans, need not worry, I have a 200 gallon currently under construction..........

I ordered the strongest powerhead thinking it was going to be too powerful, but not the case

Before this powerhead, In between regular maintenance you did see poop and waste on the bottom , now zero , it's all picked up by filtration

100% worth 20$ for this powerhead, and fish are in and out of the new current stream all day
I recommended everyone try it, if they had been thinking about it, BUT I have no idea if angelfish would like it

I kept 17 smaller Africans in a 55 for over a year, so 24 is not that far off and especially if you're getting a 200 gallon!! Nice size.

I have Angels in one of the tanks and I'm not sure how they would like all that current, I have most of the water movement towards the top, on the surface.

I can see Africans cichlids liking the current though.

You're getting that for just one angel fish? If you do regular maintenance, I'm sure you wont need it and also how much current would you have inside the tank?

No, no sorry I was saying tht I have a angelfish in there I also have three huge Dalmatian mollies and 5 black neons, with 5 cory cats

200 gallons is a little over whelming, 2000 pounds of water is a little intimidating, let me know if you get the aquatop, is worth it I believe

Sent from my C6906 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well let me know if you like it, and how much it was and the flow rate my aquatop was under 25$ delivered to my door, Amazon. Com will eventually take over the world

Well let me know if you like it, and how much it was and the flow rate my aquatop was under 25$ delivered to my door, Amazon. Com will eventually take over the world

It was 18.25 drove about 11 miles to get it, I really like it thinking about going to get another for my 45 gal tank

Back
Top Bottom