Pretty proud if I say so myself :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

napacook

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Total newbie with fish I started with 2fancy goldfish I got 2months ago they are happy and still alive!!! Haha
Soooo now...I got the bug! Myself and my partner have bought a large fish tank for tropical freshwater
Length 40inches
Width 15 3/4
Hight 20 inches
It is planted and stocked some fish...
Stocked:-
4xRed coment platy, 3xBlack swordtail(2females 1x male) (2females 1male)3xDalmatian Molly, 4xassorted platy, 6xguppies (all male)

We have noticed that we have snails most likely from the plants I heard that Pakistani loaches are good to clear them...
What other fish will go well we are going for a colourful well stocked tank?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438802954.876868.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1438803016.972871.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1438803038.017182.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438802954.876868.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438802954.876868.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 92
Nice looking tank! About any species of loach with Botia under the scientific name will eat snails for you.

Caleb

Thank you :) cost a small fortune though! Compared to my goldfish tank! As bought an external filter and everything you see separately to the tank haha! I was wondering if dwarf puffer fish will be ok with the ones I have?

Are all of the plants in there live plants? If so the two with the whitish tips are likely non-aquatic, just a heads up.

Yeah those are the only ones that are fake [emoji4]

Thank you :) cost a small fortune though! Compared to my goldfish tank! As bought an external filter and everything you see separately to the tank haha! I was wondering if dwarf puffer fish will be ok with the ones I have?

My understanding is that dwarf puffers won't do well with other community fish. Someone will have to check me me on that though.

Nice tank

My understanding is that dwarf puffers won't do well with other community fish. Someone will have to check me me on that though.

Nice tank

Yes puffers do not to well in community tanks. Most cases they will fin nip their tank mates or vice versa. It's best they are kept alone.

Caleb

Now im prbly wrong, but, i thought most puffers also had to eventually transition to brackish.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

There are freshwater puffers but from the previous posts I won't be getting them :( ah well. Thanks guys

Now im prbly wrong, but, i thought most puffers also had to eventually transition to brackish.

Dwarf puffers are 100% freshwater. Figure 8 is debatable. With figure 8 (according to SeriouslyFish) the region they come from is a mix on salinity is anywhere from freshwater to marine, so in essence, some figure 8 spend their lives in freshwater with little affect to them. I have yet to see proof but some think brackish improves their life span. No health issues though.

Caleb

I recommend angelicus loaches or zebra loaches. They stay slightly smaller than other loaches and are quite peaceful. Keep them in groups of 6 and I can just about guarantee they'll be your favorite fish, and well worth the cost.

Ahhh.... I see, said the blind man. I know crud abt puffers... Lol

Thank you poppa [emoji1] and I'll have a nosey with them missgurnus

Back
Top Bottom