Problems with PH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

felku

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm a beginner and I learned about cycling after buying the aquarium for my daughter.

I have already 2 weeks doing water changes of 40% like 3 days per week. I checked the PH with the test kit and also with my php meter and I'm getting ph of 8.5 . I checked my water source PH and it seems to be 7.5 . I don't know if I should worry about PH but I honestly don't know what do. Fish seems to be healthy , except for some black mollies that died the same day I bought them.

I was told to leave the fish inside the bag in to the aquarium. But since they were put there they didn't seem to react in a good way to the aquarium.Thanks for the article.

So you are saying you let the bag float in the water for a while, then released them? If you did that, they probably only adjusted to the temperature of the tank, while the water chemistry was much different.

So you are saying you let the bag float in the water for a while, then released them? If you did that, they probably only adjusted to the temperature of the tank, while the water chemistry was much different.

Like I said in the first post , I'm a beginner , I bought the aquarium for my daughter and followed instructions from the person that sold me the fished plus I was told that crap the using chemicals would make things fine. After the mollies died I search for information and found this forum and learned about cycle and other things. Until now I have keep the ammonia below .25 doing water changes. But I was surprised about the PH and although I see the current fishes(3 platies and shark bala) happy , I want to make sure that I'm doing things okay.

I'm sorry if I sounded rude or condescending. I appreciate the fact that you joined this forum and you are doing research.

Just so you know, I believe bala sharks can grow to be over a foot long. aqadvisor.com will be a useful resource when stocking a tank.

Just so you know, I believe bala sharks can grow to be over a foot long. aqadvisor.com will be a useful resource when stocking a tank.

Thanks for advice, the person that sold me the fished didn't explain me things so I made lots of mistake. But gladly I found this forum, I'm learning a lot here.

Back
Top Bottom