Purchased the wrong bulb?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dahak

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Can someone please help me out i purchased a bulb on ebay thinking it was the bulb needed for my 5 gallon fish tank but boy was i wrong kind of wasted my money because the bulbs are small for my tank.Is there another size i should be looking at? Amazon or ebay link would be fine.

These are the wrong bulbs i purchased,

GE Lighting 15T6 120V Incandescent Light Bulb T6 15W | eBay

The bulbs can be frustrating!

We'd be happy to help but we'd need to know what kind of hood or tank kit or whatnot ... A photo or description?

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

The bulbs can be frustrating!

We'd be happy to help but we'd need to know what kind of hood or tank kit or whatnot ... A photo or description?

Thanks for the the reply, here are some pics sorry for the bad quality,

Attachments

• P10-10-10_14-56.jpg
    P10-10-10_14-56.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 45
  • P10-10-10_14-57.jpg
    P10-10-10_14-57.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 36
It's hard to say, but might be a t5. Very standard. At any hardware store. Don't go super bright unless it's going to be packed with high light plants. High light equals algae.

The thing where the bulb screws in should say what it takes.

Looks like a standard screw in fixture. If a standard household bulb will fit in there, then you'll know for sure. One may or may not fit in the space with the cover on it, and if that's the case then you could get a screw-in cfl that has a more linear shape, they sell them at most pet stores and walmart.

Back
Top Bottom