pwc or siphon for new tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ff1378

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hi
my tank is 20 days old! i have some swordtails and an angel in it. ( i didn't know about nitrogen cycle when i bought them!)
Now in order to lower the stress of new tank syndrom, pwc or partial siphoning, which one is better?

thanks in advance

I am not sure what the difference is. If your ammonia or nitrite levels go over.5 ppm do a water change. A siphon is just a method for getting water out of the tank. If you mean vacuum, it is best to not vacuum until the cycle is done.

rich311k said:
I am not sure what the difference is. If your ammonia or nitrite levels go over.5 ppm do a water change. A siphon is just a method for getting water out of the tank. If you mean vacuum, it is best to not vacuum until the cycle is done.

yes i meant gravel cleaning and siphoning the wastes. So you think i'd better not doing this and only pwc is sufficient?

Yes, just do a pwc. Use the syphon to get the water out of the tank, but don't mess with the gravel.

Back
Top Bottom