Python water changer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pdaddy2

Aquarium Advice Regular
Next week I'll be setting up my new 55 gal tank, and where I want to put it will probably need 75' of hose will this affect the filling and when I do water changes?

Great thanks! Now I just hope it will work on my bathroom faucet.

Are these water changers used to fill the tank or empty the tank. If used to fill how do you mix in the prime. My current method of water chance is really hard work. Siphon water with the pump siphon into 5g bucket. Then to fill I use a 2.5 g bucket. But have to mix my prime in each load of 2.5 g. Wait like 20 min for stuff to mix. All night process to do my 75g tank

I have a 90 gal and use the python - I add my prime directly into the tank as it is filling ...in my case I empty 30-35% of the water and when filling it back up add a bit under a full cap of prime.

I have a 90 gal and use the python - I add my prime directly into the tank as it is filling ...in my case I empty 30-35% of the water and when filling it back up add a bit under a full cap of prime.

So with a 75 gal if you were to empty about 25-35 % you would dose about half a cap full of prime.-- 1 full cap treats 50 gals

I went with the python, only because of online reviews seemed to lean more towards it.

So with a 75 gal if you were to empty about 25-35 % you would dose about half a cap full of prime.-- 1 full cap treats 50 gals
Shut off the filter. Dose the amount of prime for the whole tank and just refill. Turn back on the filter

Are these water changers used to fill the tank or empty the tank. If used to fill how do you mix in the prime. My current method of water chance is really hard work. Siphon water with the pump siphon into 5g bucket. Then to fill I use a 2.5 g bucket. But have to mix my prime in each load of 2.5 g. Wait like 20 min for stuff to mix. All night process to do my 75g tank
Prime works instantly. No need to wait....

All I can say is my fish keeping hobby just got extremely more enjoyable

Lol already ordered. C'mon amazon get it here quick. Sunday my water change night

I'm curious about this too. Do they suck the water up the tube into the sink?
They do both. Empty and refill. You simply open/close the valve. They empty into the sink.
Tons of videos on youtube. Here's a quick demo. Both the Aqueon and Phyton work the same. Turn off all your equipment before you remove the water.....

I have had a python for about 7 years and if u want to buy more hose Aqueon extension are compatible.

Back
Top Bottom