Question about my QT tank...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

new2betas

Aquarium Advice Addict
Okay -- my corys have been in their 2.5g QT tank for a couple of days now. I moved over the gravel and an artificial plant and a live plant that had been in my 2g betta tank to help start its cycle. The parameters had been fine until this morning. Nitrites were around .25 and ammonia was around .50. I immediately did a 50% water change. I have waited a little over an hour and I just tested the water again. My nitrites are a little less than .25, but not quite at 0, the ammonia is around .25. Is this low enough or should I do another PWC?? I don't want my parameters to get out of hand with these new corys. Any advice?

Might have a problem with one of my corys....I have noticed today that one of my corys is missing their barbels (sp). I did not notice this at all when I brought them home, but to be quite honest I wasn't counting barbels. It just today that I noticed that one of them doesn't have them. I did another pwc today also because my parameters for nitirites and ammonia keep hovering around 5 for ammonia and .25 for the nitrites. It is the ammonia that worries me the most.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom