Questions about my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
somethingsfishy said:
So no snails... yet. I did however get some neon tetras. My four year old LOVES the colors. So we have three of each color red, yellow and orange. They are really cool looking fish.

I think the fish u are talking about are glo fish... Neon tetras have a blue line and a red line under it

Well that explains everything. They called them neon tetras at petco but when I googled them I kept finding the real neon tetras. Stupid pet store. Any way they are still cool. How do I cure ich? Don't have it but just in case.

I grabbed a bag of aq salt the other day and was wondering if there was dosing guideline or to just follow the directions on the bag? Also how high of a temp is required to treat ich? Again don't have it but is like to know how to treat it. Here are a few pics of the tank too. :)

Attachments

• image-896380791.jpg
    image-896380791.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 71
  • image-1677511794.jpg
    image-1677511794.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 73
  • image-2382542951.jpg
    image-2382542951.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 78
  • image-1518298666.jpg
    image-1518298666.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 79
Red eyes puffers is a good freshwater that can go with lots of fish, asia river type of water with low movement (spray bar).
So, danios, rasbora and gouramies are good with it. Even a betta if the betta is there in first and dont mix male betta with dwarf gouramie but with rasbora, danio and reg gourami no problem.
hiding space require for both betta and the puffer.
If you mix with tetra, its not a problem but mixing continent is hard on the immune system because fish are not use to bacteria and viruse from other continent so quarantine is advise more that ever on those time.
just an opinion!
Good luck
( i have a couple of asia type tank with gouramie, danio and rasbora and every tank do have there red eye puffer and there betta since more than 2 years now.)

There is puffer in both freshwater, brack and even in salted!

somethingsfishy said:
I grabbed a bag of aq salt the other day and was wondering if there was dosing guideline or to just follow the directions on the bag? Also how high of a temp is required to treat ich? Again don't have it but is like to know how to treat it. Here are a few pics of the tank too. :)

One tablespoon for every 5 gallons of water is a good rule to go by.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a good background? I don't have one yet and need one my tank looks weird. Also I have a tiger barb that is HUGE and another that likes to stay under/behind my filter(hob). Are they ok? Is the barb pregnant?

Ok so finally I have convinced my wife to let me get another tank. :) The tank is going to be a 10g qt tank with some snails for my loaches but is that enough of a bioload. Also how do I seed this tank properly as not to upset either tanks levels?

Back
Top Bottom