Quick Cycling question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blacksteel

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm upgrading my 10 g to a 20 g long and I am wondering if I have to do another cycle or would just moving the filter over from my 10 to the 20 would be fine? Or should I use the water from the 10 too?

Yeah on my 10 gallon I have a topfin 20 which is not a very good filter but I am getting an AC50 which you probably already know from earlier.

Yeah on my 10 gallon I have a topfin 20 which is not a very good filter but I am getting an AC50 which you probably already know from earlier.

Cool, you'll love the AC50. Best HOB on the market IMO. Run both on the 20g for 2 weeks minimum would be my suggestion and If you keep the TF20 going on the 20g, you'll have a filter ready to instantly cycle a QT.

Ya I'm excited to get the AC50 because all I've ever dealt with is TF or marineland filters with biowheels which aren't too bad but from what I hear about AC it's the best one there is. And thanks for the idea about the QT, I didn't even think about that. Just one quick question about plants, do you quarantine them or dip them in H2O2 or what because I've read many different things?

Back
Top Bottom