Rasboras getting enough food?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ranicrab

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
We have a 20 gallon tank with 6 white cloud minnows, 3 emerald eye rasboras, and 1 cherry shrimp. The rasboras seem to miss out on the food (flakes) since they stay a bit lower. Maybe they are ok but we have only had them for 3 days and I don't know...also, we are feeding flakes but what supplemental food should we give them (maybe once a week?) thanks!

Feeding Fish

We have a 20 gallon tank with 6 white cloud minnows, 3 emerald eye rasboras, and 1 cherry shrimp. The rasboras seem to miss out on the food (flakes) since they stay a bit lower. Maybe they are ok but we have only had them for 3 days and I don't know...also, we are feeding flakes but what supplemental food should we give them (maybe once a week?) thanks!

Hello again rani...

You can feed frozen, freeze dried and flakes. I feed a little algae wafer and some minced garlic. My fish love the variety. I feed every couple of days for a while and then don't feed for a couple of days, just to make sure all the food is eaten. Colbalt, Sally's, Hikari, Tetra and Spice World all have very good products.

B

Watch them during feedings. If they aren't getting any food at all then add a small sinking pellet to your feeding routine.

That being said, fish need less food than most people think so as long as they are getting some food they should be fine.

Sounds great! I just have some wardleys staple flakes that the shop had and I wanted to spice it up a bit. Garlic? My daughter will get a kick out of that!

Back
Top Bottom